We are a group of parents passionate about holistic education that nurtures the whole child and are excited to bring Waldorf-inspired education to our community here in Northfield, VT.
We realize there is a need for alternative education and have created this initiative to make it accessible to all families who share the same values.
We are a 501(c)(3) recognized charity (EIN: 92-2294929).
Learn more about us below.
Our Vision: To inspire a more conscious world by providing a nurturing environment to discover and realize each child’s unique and full potential
- A belief that the classroom is a microcosm for the vast world beyond and a beautiful training ground for children to feel their unique and vital role in an interconnected web of community, wherein they are kind, loving, and collaborative with one another
- A reverence for children and a commitment to creating an atmosphere of loving warmth and guidance that promotes joy, wonder, and healthy whole-child development
- A deep belief in the value of free creative play, imitation, exploration of the social and natural world, practical and meaningful work, artistic activities, and nourishing sensory experiences for healthy whole-child development
- A deep belief in the power of our teachers’ attitude of gratitude, reverence and wonder to inspire in our children general character traits and skills such as empathy, curiosity, kindness, creativity, focus, work ethic and inner strength
- Intentionality and care in everything we do, as both an organization and as caregivers, with humility, openness and love to ensure our continued learning, growth, kindness and contribution as people and as an organization
- A commitment to the financial durability and professionalism of our non-profit organization, to provide our teachers and staff, parents, community and children the confidence in our long-term ability to fulfill our mission
- A commitment to the support and nurturing of our teachers and staff, without whom the ability to fulfill our vision would not be possible
- A commitment to building a conscious, collaborative community, and to creating a program that is accessible to all families with a shared commitment to these values
We are currently renting 2 classrooms, 1,000 sqft. each, in Northfield’s historic Gray Building, located at 168 N Main Street, and are working to transform in Spring and Summer 2023 the interior space and outdoor space to meet the unique needs and goals of our Waldorf-inspired programs.
Below are the “vision boards” for the indoor and outdoor spaces, which we will use as inspiration and guidance for both spaces.
Join the team, we’re hiring!
Join our growing team in Northfield, VT. See our current open positions below.