Job Title: After-Care Teacher
Location: Northfield, VT
Job Type: Part-time, Monday-Thursday (3:00-6:00pm)
Reports to: Program Director
About the Position:
Rainbow Gardens, a Waldorf-inspired preschool and nursery program located in Northfield, VT, is seeking an After-Care Teacher to join its team and lead its After-Care program. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for caring for and nurturing young children, as well as an understanding and passion for Waldorf pedagogy and the ability to bring this approach to life in the classroom.
- Create a warm, nurturing, and stimulating environment for young children in the After-Care program
- Assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities that support the development of physical, emotional, social, and cognitive skills
- Collaborate with fellow teachers and support staff to create a harmonious and integrated learning experience for the children in this program
- Encourage and support children's social and emotional development through positive interactions and modeling appropriate behavior
- Observe and document children's progress and behavior
- Assist with the maintenance of the classroom environment, including cleaning and organizing materials and equipment
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required
- Communicate effectively with parents and families
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- At least one year of experience working with young children is preferred
- Vermont licensed Early Childhood Educator is preferred
- Familiarity with Waldorf education is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Program Director and other staff members
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be comfortable being alone with children
If you are a passionate and dedicated individual who loves working with young children and is committed to the Waldorf philosophy, we encourage you to apply for this Assistant Teacher position at Rainbow Gardens.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to careers [at] rainbowgardensvt.org
Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in this opportunity, why you think you are a potential fit given your background, what you hope to contribute to and receive from this experience, and what suggestions or recommendations you might have for this program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We will review applications on a rolling-basis as they are submitted.