Job Title: Assistant Teacher for Waldorf Preschool and Nursery Program
Location: Northfield, VT
Salary: $35,000 per year plus health insurance and other benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Lead Teacher in the Preschool and Nursery programs
Rainbow Gardens, a Waldorf-inspired preschool and nursery program located in Northfield, VT, is seeking an Assistant Teacher to join its team. The ideal candidate is passionate about early childhood education and is committed to the Waldorf philosophy. This is a full-time position that reports to the Lead Teacher in the Preschool and Nursery programs.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in creating a warm, nurturing, and stimulating environment for young children
- Assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities that support the development of physical, emotional, social, and cognitive skills
- Encourage and support children's social and emotional development through positive interactions and modeling appropriate behavior
- Observe and document children's progress and behavior
- Assist with the maintenance of the classroom environment, including cleaning and organizing materials and equipment
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required
- Communicate effectively with parents and families
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- At least one year of experience working with young children is preferred
- Vermont licensed Early Childhood Educator is preferred
- Familiarity with Waldorf education is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher and other staff members
- Must be able to pass a background check
If you are a passionate and dedicated individual who loves working with young children and is committed to the Waldorf philosophy, we encourage you to apply for this Assistant Teacher position at Rainbow Gardens.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in this opportunity, why you think you are a potential fit given your background, what you hope to contribute to and receive from this experience, and what suggestions or recommendations you might have for this program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We will review applications on a rolling-basis as they are submitted.