Become a founding member and teacher at our community-based, Waldorf-inspired early childhood program in Northfield, VT.
We are hiring two Waldorf teachers for our Early Childhood Programs — one teacher for our class of 2-3 year-old children, and one for our class of 3-6 year-old children. Please see below for more information and instructions on how to apply.
Waldorf Teacher (Early Childhood Teacher)
Head of School
About the School:
Our Waldorf-inspired early childhood program in Northfield, Vermont is a new initiative focused on providing high-quality Waldorf-inspired education to children in the early childhood years. We believe in the power of Waldorf education to nurture the whole child, cultivate inner strength, and prepare for a fulfilling life.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Waldorf teacher to become a founding member of our program and lead one of our early childhood groups (up to 10 children). The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Waldorf pedagogy, bringing this approach to life in the classroom, and be willing to be part of the long-term vision by engaging in the creation of early childhood curriculum and policies to realize our school’s mission and contribute to our local community.
- Foster a warm and nurturing classroom environment that supports each child’s individual growth;
- Honor and meet each child at his or her current developmental stage;
- Guide daily and weekly rhythms, while integrating seasonal rhythms and festivals;
- Collaborate with fellow teachers and support staff to create a harmonious and integrated experience for the children;
- Continue on a path of inner growth through ongoing professional development opportunities;
- Participate in the development and implementation of school policies and procedures;
- Foster positive relationships with families and support their involvement in the education of their children through active communication;
- Attend faculty meetings and scheduled early childhood events/festivals;
- Maintain accurate student records and assessments
- Waldorf teacher certification or a commitment to completing certification within the first year of employment;
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience teaching early childhood in a Waldorf or Waldorf-inspired school;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Waldorf pedagogy and its application to the early childhood classroom;
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team;
- Ability to effectively communicate with families and other stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a salary of $45,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience, as well as health benefits and a relocation and/or housing stipend of up to $5,000.
A hidden gem in Vermont, Northfield is a small-town community for families and outdoor-minded folks, with in-town access to wonderful running and hiking trails, mountain biking trails, backcountry skiing as well as amenities like the indoor pool and gym at Norwich University, which are available to local residents, as well as the town pool in summertime. Located just 15 minutes outside of Montpelier, Northfield has a year-round Farmer’s Market as well as great local farmers such as Glinnis Hill Farm and Blue Goose Farm, and great local businesses such as Carrier Roasting Company, Good Measure Pub & Brewery and others.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to email@example.com.
Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in this opportunity, why you think you are a potential fit given your background, what you hope to contribute to and receive from this experience, and what suggestions or recommendations you might have for this program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
March 1, 2023.
Please note: we will review applications on a rolling-basis as they are submitted, so we encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as they are ready.